Other Options While Your Claim Is Being Processed

If you are a veteran, you may be eligible for service-connected or nonservice-connected VA benefits. Contact Manring & Farrell if you want more information about VA disability claims, as our office may be able to help you get those benefits. You need to file an application for both service-connected and nonservice-connected VA benefits as soon as possible.

More Options For Medical Costs Relief

You should contact your local county’s Department of Job and Family Services (DJFS) to see if you are eligible for a medical card through Medicaid, food stamps or cash assistance. Call our office to discuss this further.

There are programs available to help with medication costs. Talk to your doctor to see if you qualify for any special medication sample programs. You may contact the Partnership for Prescription Assistance, a program that may be able to provide help in filling prescriptions. The organization may be contacted toll free at 513-934-0893 or on the web at http://www.pparx.org/.

If you have problems with depression, anxiety or bad nerves, you should contact your family doctor for help. You should also consider contacting your local area mental health clinic. Remember: Even seeing a specialist once every few months is better than not seeing someone at all.

If you have a workers’ compensation claim, get regular treatment through your physician of record. And, if you have conditions not recognized as part of your workers’ compensation claim, talk to your workers’ compensation attorney to see if you need to have your claim updated for an additional allowance.

Contact Us For Help Finding More Resources

There may be other options available for you to consider that may help your Social Security claim. Please contact our Columbus, Lebanon or Lima SSD benefits attorneys online or by calling 614-678-7199 for a free consultation.