My Service-Related Disability Has Gotten Worse. What Can I Do To Get An Increased Award?

If your disability has worsened, you should:

  1. File a claim for an evaluation of your disability to see if you are entitled to an increased award.
  2. Send the VA a letter telling it which medical condition has gotten worse or what new conditions you have developed.
  3. Send the VA any medical evidence you have from your doctors or VA doctors who supports your request for an increased disability evaluation. Send your letter to your VA regional office by certified mail, return receipt requested and keep a copy for your records.

Contact Our Columbus Veterans Compensation Benefits Attorney

Contact us online or by calling 614-678-7199 for a free consultation. We will answer all of your questions so you know your options and what to expect. Manring & Farrell has offices in Columbus, Lebanon and Lima, Ohio.